Friday, February 29, 2008

The 366th Day

Happy Leap Day everyone. To anyone whose birthday might be today, you lucky duck, you're much younger than the rest of us.

Speaking of young and old. I turn 21 next week. How odd. In Mormon world this means nothing except that I am approaching old maidishness. (Yes, in Mormon world you're an old maid at 23. Or at least it seems that way).

I think 21 is going to be a much better age for me than 20 was. I have a feeling good though perhaps less dynamic things are going to happen in the coming year. And I'm alright with that.

Work was deathly slow today, so I started searching for a new show or movie to get interested in online, and I stumbled across Gossip Girl. I bought the first book in the series when I was in high school but then never read it. I don't think I would have enjoyed the books as much, but I'm really enjoying the show. It's completely soap opera-ish, sort of in the vein of One Tree Hill but less weird. At the moment though it's serving as a good distraction from my own troubles.

Unless I spend the remainder of the evening watching that, I might switch it out for La Vie En Rose, which I picked up at Blockbuster a couple days ago. I've heard great things about this movie, and it'll be a good chance to brush up on my French a bit.

So anyway, off to more couch potato-ness.

No comments: