Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Biggest geek ever

Ok, really, this is getting ridiculous. I've been refreshing CNN.com all afternoon just waiting for the voting results to come in. My idea of a great night tonight is getting some snacks and hunkering down to watch CNN bring me the results in real time!

I'm a bit tiffed about the McCain/Huckabee scandal in West Viriginia because lets face it, anyone who thinks they're going to be able to support the war in Iraq without the IRS collecting our taxes is a little nuts, and I don't think he's got even a small chance of winning the primary or, if by a miracle he does, the national vote. So to have Huckabee still in the race is a joke and obviously a ploy with McCain to split the GOP votes and keep Romney from winning. Dirty dirty politics.

Aaaaagh, I am completely obsessed! This is worse than in 8th grade when I made my mom swear she'd wake me up in the middle of the night to tell me who'd won the 2000 Presidential election (she did not, however, wake me up, because we didn't know who was president for... how many months? Thanks Al Gore...)

Ok, on a completely different topic, I have been told that my gateway cheese should be Smoked Gouda. I'm going to give it a try tonight.

Alright, well, that's enough rambling from me. I might post a rant later when I hear Romney hasn't won and psycho McCain is the GOP front runner... or heaven forbid Huckabee...

I think I'm probably going to end up voting for Obama after all . Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well here in Australia, you can imagine how I am doing . I'm sooooooo glad I have CNN on cable. 7 hours of electoral hysteria, so many possibilities and outcomes It was the perfect day for me.

I have to say I hate all the candidates except Obama. If Hillary was running down under she'd be with the conservatives! (In fact our former conservative Prime Minister had the same policies as she now does across the board!). I imagine McCain dying just after his inauguration speech he's that old, and he's also that stupid for wanting to stay in Iraq indefinitely. I am also opposed to Huckabee/Romney because of church and state reasons. Although they have very different religious perspectives their platforms are VERY troubling to me.

Anyhow I am working on a Super Tuesday blog on my myspace which should be up by tomorrow night your time. Come check it out.

Todd

pamily said...

Aah, see I have problems with Hillary's mandatory universal health care and the fact that basically Bill will be running our country yet again but this time from the background. Obama doesn't have enough experience but I like his platform more in comparison to Hillary's even though it's almost identical; it's just not as extreme. McCain is too old and has anger issues (think "let's just blow up everyone in Iraq, I'm having a bad day")and I don't agree with his policies in Iraq or how wishy washy he's been in the past. And Huckabee wants to get rid of the IRS which is quite possibly the stupidest platform I have ever heard in my life and I think his running is just a big joke and a waste of money. Romney is a bit too up his own butt I think, but he's got experience in getting Massachusetts out of a serious deficit and he's also got experience in at least a variant on socialized health care. I do not see his being Mormon as either a positive or a negative thing. We've had a lot of religious presidents in the past (Kennedy was definitely Catholic), and I don't think it's going to be a huge issue.

Anyway, Romney is not going to make the candidacy, but I'm hoping Obama does. He's my second choice. And I will definitely vote for him over McCain.