Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happines causes happiness causes happiness causes happiness

Alright. My mom just had me watch The Secret. I had a therapist over a year ago who told me to watch this and I never did, mostly because it wasn't available to me at the time, and once it was, I'd heard it was super corny so had no interest.

Alas! It is super corny. However! It's also very interesting and sort of builds on a lot of the things I think already - mainly that our thoughts create our world and that what we think is what we do/become. When we focus on the negative, more negativity flows our way. When things feel crappy, it seems they always have been and always will be and so things generally are. But when we feel happy, we focus on things that are good and feel nothing is out of our reach, and so those good things come to us because we prepare for them, reach for them, and are open to receiving them.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I'm going to give this whole asking the universe or "ordering from the universal catalog" thing a try. And I'm going to try to do it without any apprehension or irony. We'll see how it goes.

Other than that today was... alright actually. I had an appointment with my therapist and when I left I felt a lot more at peace with things. I think everyone needs a therapist. I'm pretty sure the state of the world would be at least 15 times better if everyone did.

And no, you don't have to be a nutcase to have one. I'm not. Far as I know.... :P

1 comment:

DM Roberts said...

Yeah, it is pretty corny, but it does have some pretty good points. I need to rewatch it, I've been pretty negative lately.