Saturday, February 9, 2008

It's not a waste of time if you're enjoying yourself (my rationalization)

I haven't played video games in ages. But tonight I got the bug. The video game bug. So, I dug around in my brother's closet and fished out his old XBox games. Luckily he still had my favorite - Crimson Skies. It was so much fun to play for a while! I really wish I could play Mario 64. I think I'm going to ask my dad if I can have their old N64 and all the games. Ooo and the Legend of Zelda... I forgot... hah

I'm further in The Age of Innocence today. I'm starting to really like it. It could so far be described as a comedy of manners I think. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of it. If I continue to like it, I think I'll read The House of Mirth next. Also by Edith Wharton. I've heard The Age of Innocence called Wharton's "apology" after The House of Mirth. She must have been incredibly hard on New York society in that one if this is her apology!

Democratic caucuses are tomorrow in Washington State. Exciting. I'm really hoping for Obama. I found out today that the Democratic primary here means nothing. As in not a single one of the delegates is chosen through the primary. All of them are allocated through the caucuses. What a waste of ballots! Seems a little bait and switch if you ask me. People think they're doing something good and all they're doing is wasting a piece of paper by voting. Dumb.

The republicans allocate 49% of their delegates during the caucus, then 51% at the primary. That seems fair. And at least our ballots count for something! Sheesh.

Maybe tomorrow will give us a clearer picture of the Democratic race. I hope that picture doesn't include Hilary Clinton. Time will tell... I hope...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm positive your computer is more than powerful enough to run an N64 emulator. Give it a shot, it's free and you can do it anywhere!