Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Love and Mathematics

Smoked Gouda: Okish. It was cheese. It tasted a little like ham mixed with cheese.

Republican Race: Ick. I may end up voting for a Dem. Sigh.

The fact that I have Brandon obsessing over the very same pattern of triangles I've obsessed over for about 6 years: Hilarious. Draw a square, now put an X through it (connecting the corners) and then draw a triangle on each of the four sides of the square. Now try to trace that shape without picking up your pencil or retracing any of the lines. Yeah, it's impossible. And I've been trying to come up with either a way that it is possible or a reason, mathematically, why it is not possible, since I was probably about 12 years old.

The Tower of Hanoi: Interesting. I figured out the pattern and I've been amusing myself with it for the past fifteen minutes. I haven't tried past 5 discs.

The Great Gatsby: Loving it. I started it earlier today and I'm nearly finished. I'd forgotten how much I love hearing about the Jazz Age. And I like Fitzgerald's tone.

Crochet squares completed: 5.5

Days until I leave for California: 10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i definitely prefer soft cheeses to smoked cheeses. smoked cheese always tastes either like ham or kind of burnt.