Thursday, February 7, 2008

The rich get richer and the poor get - children

The stimulus bill passed the Senate! Yeeeessssss! What does this mean? This means that because I made between $3,000 and $75,000 last year, I will in fact be getting a $300-$600 rebate check in the mail some time after April.

Aaah, I can't wait. (Says the girl who's been complaining about the $3.1 trillion Bush's administration asked for last week for the 2008 budget. Hah)

Romney is out. It was bound to happen after Tuesday's turn out. Which means I will now be focusing intently on the Democratic primaries. I wish I could go see Obama speak in Seattle tomorrow, but alas and alack, I have work.

I finished The Great Gatsby today. Loved it. I like the symbolism, and I feel there is a lot to be taken from it about the wealth worship and immorality that is explicit in today's society. I've just started The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton. I'm not far enough into it to say how I feel, but as always I'm hoping for the best.

Days until California: 9

No comments: