Thursday, January 31, 2008

You're talking like a girl again

It was a big news day today, my word. My CNN news ticker was changing all day today. Insane. India and the middle east are without internet for a while. I'm not sure how their banks or stock exchanges are coping. The UNHCR have had to pull out of some of the Darfur refugee camps because of carjackings and other attacks. The U.S. senate passed their version of the stimulus plan. I'm kind of more partial to the house version, but either way, I hope one of them gets passed soon. Britney's back in the hospital (these stories as top headlines actually really annoy me, but whatever). And the governator has officially decided to back McCain.

Craziness.

I must say though, it kept me from being completely bored at work. Well that and my crocheting. I finished another square and have started on another. It's going pretty well. I feel like I'm getting better at it.

So, Godiva has put together a room made almost completely out of chocolate. Apparently anyone who buys a box of Godiva chocolate could possibly win a weekend get away to a replica of this room to be reconstructed in Manhattan in May. It's too bad I'm not much of a Godiva person, because that would be almost as good as staying in an ice castle.

I'm still on a bit of a Sarah Blasko kick, but tonight I've changed it up and have been listening to A Weather. It's nice and mellow and lovely. It makes me feel all twinkly and sleepy and happy. I can't wait for their full length to come out next week. (p.s. if you watch the video on their page, I was at that show hehe. They opened for Bright Eyes at the Showbox last... oh my word... February? March? It was almost a year ago now. Weird. Also, Aaron is really nice. I slept at his house in Portland last May.)

I have been told I should try to find my gateway cheese. i.e. the cheese that will really get me interested in the cheese world so that my eyes won't glaze over when people start naming off cheeses they love. So that I will be genuinely interested in the cheeses they care so much about because not only will I love cheese, but I will constantly be on the search for the best cheese known to man. I need to begin somewhere and let my cheese passion grow to match those of the cheese lovers I know and find so dear. So, my gateway. I need one. Any suggestions?

Well I think I'll go crochet some more. Go Warm Up America!

Central Coast Cali, here I come! (Please don't rain on me) countdown: 16 days. It's so soooon! Yaaay!

1 comment:

DM Roberts said...

The Gateway cheese question is a hard one. My first question to help determine a gateway would be: of the cheeses you have tried (even if you have liked them in a mediocre fashion at best), which did you like the most? Do you like cheeses to be hard, semi-hard, soft, or semi-soft? Do you like milder flavors, or something with a bit more kick?