Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A move forward and a glance back

2007 was a rocky year. There were a lot of ups and downs. But it ended on a pretty high note and I have high hopes for 2008, though I suspect it will be more of an interim year than a dynamic one. I suppose one never knows for certain though until the thing itself actually happens.

I'm applying for BYU for either Spring or Summer term. I'm really hoping I get in. I'd like to get back into school. If I don't, I've decided it won't be devastating. I'll just take online classes, continue working, and reapply for Winter 2009.

I'm currently working for my parents, with whom I also live. Saying this makes me feel like a slacker, but honestly, I love it. I love my family. I have an adorable adopted baby brother who I'm still getting to know and having time to be around him and the rest of my family is really uplifting.

I'm learning a lot about the Gospel these days. About what it means to be a member of the church and how we can have an effect on other people. I have some goals for the coming year, some of them abstract, some of them concrete, but I feel like they will all help me to become a better person, and hopefully they will strengthen my testimony.

I'm thinking I'll document my personal changes on here. But I'd also really like to document any projects I do this year. For the most part I let my creativity go to waste the past twelve months, but I'd like to change that. So crochet how to books, here I come!

Anyway, I hope if you're reading this, you'll come along on the journey. I can't promise it will always be interesting, but hopefully it will have it's moments.

3 comments:

DM Roberts said...

Count me in on joining you on your endeavor! You have great and marvelous things ahead of you.

Andy said...

Put me up for a ticket. Im gonna follow you on your journey.

Anonymous said...

god bless you, mr. rosewater is my favorite book.