Monday, January 21, 2008

Religiosity

I have the weirdest family. Well, ok. I'm sure many people say that. But my grandma, her sister and her sister's daughters all claim to be able to talk to angels and get revelation for other people. And for money.

This disturbs me.

And they all came over for dinner tonight. Fun.

Anyway, in Sunday school today Brother Young's son, who is a professional organ player (as in he went to school to be an Organ player. And has at least a masters in it. And is a concert organist for a living) played the opening hymn, and Sister Freitas, who wears a hat every Sunday and today was sporting a leopard print brimmed cap, conducted. Let me just say, it was the rockinest opening hymn I've ever heard at an LDS church. I loved it!

Oh, and I learned that the middle eastern peoples mostly are of the lineage of Ishmael. I had no idea!

I love going to church.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a little broad to say that People from the middle east are descendants of Ishmael. To be more specific, the Muslim faith spawns form the lineage of Ishmael. It is Isaac that The Jewish and Christian faith descend from.

pamily said...

yes, I knew that. Most of the people who read my blog are Mormon, and have learned already the lineage of Isaac.