Friday, January 25, 2008

Frozen things

Poor Brocky is not happy. I'm babysitting tonight. We brushed his teeth, said prayers and when I put him to bed, he went right down. Then as I closed the door I realized I'd forgotten to turn his fan on, so I ran back in to turn it on and of course that upset him. After about ten minutes of crying I realized I'd also forgotten to put his footy pajamas on over his regular ones. Sigh. So I went back in just as he was settling down finally and put those on so he wouldn't freeze to death all night. He cried a bit more but thankfully he's settled down now. It makes me so sad when they cry like that.

Today was... cold. Very cold. When I got to work the office was that temperature that makes your skin hurt it's so cold. It's been very sunny, which I absolutely love, but the lack of cloud coverage also means it hovers right around freezing all day. I had my little space heater on, which for the most part kept my legs warm as long as they were in it's direct path, but my fingers were burning cold all day (you Utah people know what I mean). I had to take breaks from typing to thaw them out under the desk.

I've been getting the most random application invitations on Facebook today. Earlier it was "What Disney Princess are you?" and then "What Disney song best describes you?" and now it's "What Beatles song best describes your life right now?" I haven't subscribed to any of them, so I sadly can't definitively say what princess, Disney song or Beatles song I am at the moment. I know you were waiting on pins and needles to find out, so I'm sorry to disappoint. Maybe next time.

Also in the vein of random questions, when editing my blogspot profile, there's an option at the bottom of the page that says "give me a new question." If I check the selection box, then press save, it gives me a new random question. One of my most recent ones was "You can punch a hole in an apple with a straw. How do you suppose that makes your milkshake feel?" All I can think of in answer is, "taken advantage of."

What's your answer?

No comments: