Thursday, January 17, 2008

Crafty little things

I've been on a bit of a Project Runway binge the past couple days. I go through phases with this show. I'll forget it's started, and suddenly catch a rerun marathon and not be able to stop watching. I'm rooting for Christian. I love his overly-sculpted hair and think he's got the most vision. I'm hoping it comes down to Christian, Jillian and Victorya.

For some reason I've had a thing for Peter Bjorn and John this week. They're wonderfully dancy! I don't think Brandon quite understands my love of poppy music yet. I try to explain it to him, but it's going to take a while to catch on I think. I pretend to be a music snob, but honestly, if it's bright and happy, I'll probably love it! And I mean lyrics don't get much better than "She's stepping on my shoes, and I couldn't want it more. That way I always know she's close." Adorable.

Sooo, when I started this blog, I didn't think anyone was going to read it. I mean that. I put up links to it on my Facebook and Myspace, but honestly, I didn't think anyone paid attention to my profiles on either of those sites. But hey! I'm glad to have you all here! Most of my ramblings are just that: ramblings. So pay no mind if I got off on some crazy random tangent. It's bound to happen. And has. That and I'm going to try to keep writing as if no one will be reading it. It keeps me more honest.

Now then, back to business. I want to make a list of things I'd like to do in the near future. So here they are:

1) Put all Australia pics into tangible photo album with written out stories and everything
2) Learn to crochet and (2b) crochet an afghan
3) Knit something cute and more delicate than the chunky scarves I've made in the past
4) Organize my apartment (my room specifically)

I think I'll go from there. I've been skimming some knitting blogs lately and I just really love the things some of these people make. They're delicate, crafty, original. Basically, I'm inspired. That and Project Runway seriously brings out the craft in me.

I'll try to take pictures of my endeavors. And I think I'll start on that organizing project now as a matter of fact.

So, until tomorrow, adieu!

No comments: