Thursday, March 6, 2008

Major, fierce, chic, and everything in between

The Project Runway season finale was AMAZING! Aaaaagh! I'm still not over it. I loved everyone's collections!

Alright, so the winner was of course Christian (yessss) and he absolutely deserved it. As soon as I realized Victoria Beckham was going to be the guest judge, I knew he had it in the bag. He is 100% her style. She is fabulous, and I mean just look at the chicness of his clothes- it's a perfect match!




As for Jillian, I basically wanted to wear every single one of her designs. During her show it was obvious she wasn't going to win - there was no fluidity of story in her collection - but still, she has got some serious talent in the area of wearability with style. And the knits... oh good heavens the knits. Loooooove!




And then there is Rami, who, much as I detested him during the show (I didn't think he or his draping deserved to be in the ranks of better designers), had pieces in his collection that I could not get over. Some of them were stunning! And I seriously want that pink skirt. It is adorable!




Aaah, best season yet. I love the hats, the shoes, the knits, the weaving. It was fantastic.

Oh! And for all you shopaholics out there! You NEED to check out Shopbop.com. Think Urban Outfitters on steroids. They have everything you could ever need to satisfy your designer hunger. And it ranges from being hugely expensive to actually quite affordable for what they're selling. Their jeans are in the ranks of Nordstrom rather than Henri Bendel. Can't argue with that! So shop to it!

Ok, onto other things, hah! I've decided that after I graduate, I want one of these:

Yeah, a Toyota Prius. By the time I'm out of college, they should be in the 50 or 60 mpg range. And they're surprisingly inexpensive for a hybrid. They come in a lovely charcoal color, which is what I want any car of mine to be (other than my periwinkle Jeep of course!). So that is my goal. Because chances are two years from now my Jeep will be on the uh... not so great side... Let's put it this way: I'll probably get a trade in value of maybe $200.

So anyway, I'm feeling better today, which is really weird. I think I had just a touch of the flu maybe? Perhaps a milder version of the stomach flu? I have no idea. I had a fever again last night but took some Tylenol and felt much better after. I woke up this morning as good as ever.

Which is good because tonight my dad and stepmom are taking my brother and I out to Teatro ZinZanni in Seattle for a birthday dinner. Tix are not cheap, so I'm glad I'll be well enough to go. I think it will be fun.

Well anyway, I'd better get back to work. Fashion lover out!

No comments: