Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Increased daylight and increased craziness

Sam is doing alright. I stayed the night at my Dad's since they didn't get home until about 2:30. Poor Sammy had to get 8 stitches in his finger. Best case scenario is that all the nerve endings will be fine because he's so young and the tip of his finger wasn't completely severed. Worst case is that they'll have to amputate the tip. But we're all praying and hoping for the best. He's been such a little trooper.

It was adorable to see my other siblings rallying together. At about 10 my dad called from the children's hospital and Jed, Ben, Zach and I talked to Sammy on speaker phone. There were lots of "We love you Sammy! We miss you!" and we got a "I wuv you too" back. Zach left a heart card and a drawing he'd made for Sam on the kitchen table for when they came home. I have some of the cutest brothers and sisters. Seriously.

As for today, it's been... weird. The weather alternated between torrential downpours and breaks of sunlight as I made the 45 minute drive to work from my dad's. There was a pretty bad accident on the freeway I was on. But I'll admit it didn't seem to be nearly as bad as this accident that's all over the news. What kind of mother gets so drunk she passes out in the passenger's seat and makes her 14 year old intoxicated daughter drive home? Terrifying!

At work things are crazy. I think my parents may be letting go our self proclaimed "Office Manager." Finally. I love Shonna to pieces. I really do. She's sweet and motherly and very kind. But she is just way too scattered when it comes to office work. And it's been driving us all crazy! So we'll see what happens. My parents are a lot of talk when it comes to firing, but maybe they'll be a little gutsy this time round.

That being said, I'll probably end up with quite a bit more responsibility. Which I'm ok with. And I've been thinking about volunteering to open. Simply because if I have to be there at 7, I'll do it. And I'll be diligent. And I'll get off work early hah.

Oh, and we did get that little girl. We're calling her Abigail (Abby for short). I have no idea if it's going to be permanent or not. I'm going to let my parents make that call. I'm trying to be unbiased. She's a bit shy right now, but I think she'll warm up. Hopefully there won't be too much sibling rivalry between her and Brock since they're so close in age and, for all intents and purposes, Brock's been an only child for the past two years.

Life is hectic. But summer is coming. Which makes it all that much more manageable. I can't wait for warm weather.

No comments: