Wednesday, March 12, 2008

All the clocks around the town had died

Water Curses, the new Animal Collective ep that leaked today, is wonderful. I know this with much thanks to my lovely friend Ben.

The first track brings visions of bright lights at dusk as you spin and spin and spin in delicious dizziness. Like a ride on the scrambler at the fair at night, it's carnivalesque. And it makes me want to run around and dance like a loon. A+ in my book.

The other three tracks feel like the calmer, more thoughtful Animal Collective that was missing from Strawberry Jam, with the last track evoking the flow and serenity that might come to one swimming deep underwater.

I love these guys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's too bad strawberry jam was totally awful. i will check this one out though.

Anonymous said...

ps have you heard new why? SO GOOD

pamily said...

I didn't think Strawberry Jam was awful. It wasn't their best ever, (Sung Tongs is, hands down hah), but it was alright. There are some really amazing tracks.

Did you ever hear the Avey Tare and Kria Brekkan album?

I don't think I've ever listened to Why? but I can't say for sure