Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hello Sunshine

I. LOVE. SUMMER.

aaaah, finally - FINALLY- it's warm out. I put on the old swimsuit and shorts, grabbed a magazine and sunglasses, and flip-flopped my way out my backdoor to our big patio on the lake. Who needs resort getaways when you've got parents who live on Lake Tapps? haha! And there have only been a few boats out today so the lake isn't raging with noise, but relatively calm instead.

The water was freezing, so I only stepped in for a few minutes, but just sitting in the sun reading my magazine for over an hour was enough for me. I've even got a little pink on my freckled shoulders already. If only it were in the 70's all the time.

Supposedly they're expecting snow this Friday, but as long as nice weather like today is on its way, I'll live! Yay summer!

And to top it all off, for the first time in... gosh... three... four years? I won't be working Saturdays. So I'll actually be able to enjoy where we live every weekend. Wahooooo!!

2 comments:

Jonni Ann said...

I wish I could love Summer. I'm more of an early Spring and Fall type of gal.

I've always wanted to live on/by a lake. I'm extremely jealous.

pamily said...

When I'm in Utah I generally prefer Spring and Fall because Summer is much much too hot, but up here Summer feels like Utah's Spring. It's much more mild, so I like it a lot.