Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'll love you on your birthday, I'll love you better than them.

Alright. So. I slept from 2 to 7 this afternoon/evening. Ridiculous. And my real problem is that it's now 11:46 and I'd rather be sleeping than sitting up alone in my house, but I'm just not tired.

I've been on another kick of listening to all female artists. Laura Veirs, St. Vincent, El Perro Del Mar, The Bird and the Bee, Inara George, The Blow, Eisley, Psapp (mostly female), etc.

I also have to admit, I fiiiinally got around to listening to She & Him. And I wasn't all that impressed. I guess I was hoping for something closer to M. Ward. I like Zooey's voice I guess, it just... wasn't my cup of tea. Maybe I'll change my mind. I don't know.

The new Bird and the Bee album, Ray Guns Are Not Just the Future, however, is lovely! I've had songs from the album stuck in my head every day for a week (today was mainly Diamond Dave). Love Letter to Japan reminds me a lot of a Spice Girls song. But mellower. And thus, I love it. I liked Polite Dance Song on the ep, and hearing it on the album hasn't lessened my love. There's a good chance I'll get tired of the poppiness of this album just like I did on Inara's past albums, but for now, I'm happy obsessing.

3 comments:

Celia said...

I love the Bird and the Bee album!!! AHHH!

Unknown said...

Dear Pamela,

Get better. Can I do anything to make you get better? Can I order you a dozen gallons of freshly squeezed orange juice? Or a thousand and a half herbal cough drops?
Also, I've never heard of The Bird and The Bee, but now I want to.
Also, I love Psapp!

pamily said...

Dear Gheybin,

I truly appreciate your offer. I think I'm doing alright, but I'll keep you updated, just in case.

I love Psapp as well and I really need to get around to listening to their new album. You should check out Team LG. It's the same girl. Kind of a side project with her boyfriend. It's lovely!

See you soon!